4. The Site may contain external links to other websites and We are not responsible for the content or the privacy policies of these other websites.
WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION WE COLLECT?
7. We may collect and hold Your personal information, which is reasonably necessary for Us to perform Our business functions and activities. The kinds of personal information We collect from You may include:
a. name, address and other contact details (including telephone numbers and email addresses);
c. date of birth;
d. credit card, debit card, and other payment details; demographic information such as preferences, interests and information from customer surveys; and
e. any other personal information, which may be required in order to facilitate dealings with Us.
8. In accordance with Privacy Principle 12 We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 15 or knowingly allow such persons to register for the Site. If You are under the age of 15, please do not register for the Site or send any of Your personal information to Us.
HOW WE COLLECT YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
9. We may collect Your personal information when You:
a. contact or engage AP or any of AP’s employees or agents in relation to the purchase or sale of a pharmacy business listed on the Site;
b. create an account/login on the Site;
c. engage AP to act on your behalf;
d. make an enquiry or provide feedback on Our Site;
e. subscribe to, request or We provide any of Our newsletters or other marketing material to You;
f. participate in any of Our surveys, promotions, or any other marketing campaigns;
g. access Our Site through any external third-party application, such as Facebook, Twitter or Instagram; or
h. contact Us via any medium of communication.
HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION?
10. We collect Your personal information to provide better services to You including:
a. contacting You to market, advertise or sell pharmacy businesses;
b. to identify Your preferences, trends and interests;
c. identify ways to personalise, improve and enhance Our Services;
d. to communicate with You effectively in relation to Our Site, a listing, inquiries, complaints or comments;
e. to promote Our Services or the services of a third party;
f. for market and business research purposes;
g. for marketing and advertising purposes;
h. analyse how You use Our Site and how to improve Our Site; and
i. to comply with Our legal and regulatory obligations or otherwise required by law.
11. We may anonymise Your personal information, so that You cannot be individually identified, and provide that anonymised information to Our partners or affiliates for the purpose of Our partners or affiliates providing You with more targeted and relevant advertisements or services.
SHARING YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
12. We will only use Your personal information as reasonably necessary for the above purposes, unless We have Your permission or are required by law to otherwise handle Your information. We may disclose Your personal information for the above purposes to the following people and entities:
a. any of AP’s associated entities, business associates or subsidiaries;
b. any of AP’s contractors, service providers, advisors including financial or legal advisors;
c. Our professional advisers, such as Our lawyers, accountants and auditors;
d. Your employees, agents and representatives (if You are Our business contact);
e. if any entity wishes to purchase part or whole of AP, that entity; and
f. government and regulatory authorities, and other parties if required or permitted by law.
SECURITY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
13. We endeavour to protect the privacy of Your personal information but We cannot guarantee complete security of the information We hold. Unauthorised entry or use, hardware or software failure, and other factors may compromise the security of user information at any time.
14. We use a number of procedures and processes to ensure, where possible, the security and integrity of Your personal information including:
a. restricting access;
b. maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised access;
c. securely destroying personal information no longer needed for Our record retention purposes; and
d. We don’t keep details of Your credit card, including the security code (or CCV number) other than what is necessary to complete Your transaction.
15. We employ other parties to perform tasks on Our behalf and need to share Your information with them to provide the Services to You. Unless We inform You otherwise, Our agents do not have any right to use Your personal information for any purpose beyond what is necessary to assist Us in performing such tasks.
16. We may collect information about You automatically when You interact with Our Site, this is known as “cookie” information. We ensure Your anonymity by cookie information in de-identified form. We may provide this cookie information to Our partners so that Our partners can provide You with an optimal online experience.
17. This cookie information may be provided, to third party websites to allow such websites to show You advertisements for similar services that are available from Us or from third parties.
18. Your Internet browser may allow You to transmit “do-not-track signals” or other consumer choice mechanisms regarding the collection of behavioural tracking data. Like many websites We do not alter Our practices when We receive a do-not-track signal.
ACCESS TO AND CORRECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
19. In accordance with the Privacy Principle 13, You may request access to Your personal information held by Us by contacting Us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
20. If You believe that any of Your personal information held by Us is incorrect, You may contact Us to request a correction. If We are satisfied that a correction is required, We will take reasonable steps to correct the personal information within 28 days of receipt of Your email.
21. You must provide Us with evidence to confirm Your identity before We will provide access to or correct Your personal information. Evidence may include a copy of Your driver’s licence.
22. We may charge You any reasonable costs of providing You with access or correcting Your personal information.
COMPLAINTS AND FURTHER INFORMATION
23. If You are concerned that We have not acted in accordance with the Privacy Act or that Your privacy has been interfered with, You may make a complaint by contacting Us at email@example.com.
24. Once a complaint has been lodged, We will use Our best endeavours respond to You within 28 days, although We may request further information for the purpose of considering Your complaint. If We take longer than 28 days to investigate Your complaint, We will advise You of the likely response time.
25. If You are not satisfied with Our response to Your complaint, You may notify the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner (OAIC) on 1300 363 992.
Last Updated: 18 July 2017